Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grace's life be like

I figured I better do this now or I will just keep putting it off. I think those Oprah questions are hilarious (business goals, words to describe you, etc) so I'll just do a word update.

So I live in Cambridge, MA right on the border of Somerville (this lady told me to not admit that I live anywhere near Somerville. I guess I need to be more snotty) I think Somerville is kind of cool but yeah, not as nice as Cambridge. We live in a tiny 1 bedroom that is northeast of Harvard Yard. So I just walk along with Harvard students and feel like I'm really smart even though I'm just going to buy hot chocolate or ice-cream at Harvard square. I feel like 125% happier here for some reason. The Bronx was a great experience but living here and being surrounded by schools is my favorite. Fun fact - I realized that I have lived by schools every since I graduated from high school! Provo (BYU), SLC (UofU), NY (FIT then NYU), Bronx (Einstein - but I didn't know anyone in those buildings and I always felt lame and it wasn't really a school neighborhood), and then now.  I think college towns = lots of fun places to eat and old houses turned into college houses and just all sorts of fun stuff. Sadly, we'll only be here for 9 months to a year but when we move back to NY - maybe it will be to some place nice?

I'm just working it up at home everyday for this great blog. Lately I've been getting lots of free office supplies and doing fun stuff with them so that's pretty fun. I really like it because I can wake up and work in 5 minutes (which means I get up at 9am everyday) and I can decide to be done as soon as I feel done (but I really do work at least 30hrs a week). Sometimes it's sad to work by myself all day but Dave is usually in and out and Brynne is my best co-worker and I get to talk to her on g chat all day. (you can talk to me too! I'm seriously on all day most days) Maybe someday I'll do something different? I tried that all last year and got sick of that ( fashion school, a million internships, etc) and decided to be happy with my job and not try to make my random passions my new career goals.

We've only been here for a month so we haven't done that much but we've wandered around our area a lot and I've been making quilts and going to this cool looking Harvard gym, plus Dantzel and her parents came, and there are lots of nice people that live by us. I also feel sad that I can't just bring my college/ growing up friends with me everywhere I go. The instant best friend just doesn't really happen, especially when you are trying to work really hard and you don't just have kids to play with their kids and hang out all day.

Dave is doing a Masters in Public Health at Harvard. He still has one more year of medical school so that is why we are moving back to new york in a year. His program is so cool! I'm really jealous. He's learning so much about the healthcare system and economics and all sorts of great stuff. Masters degrees are very expensive but I think this one has really brought a whole new perspective to his life.

I'm not sure what else to say about life but I hope that was a good update. I guess I could mention that I watch funny cat videos and listen to Taylor Swift all the time.

I can't wait to read dantzel, beth, and jos updates! Way to go Megan and Brynne for keeping this blog alive.

5 comments:

brynne frei said...

i'm so thrilled you're 125% happier. really - that was one of my favorite things. and work gchatting is always my favorite. and your funny cat videos hahaha so awesome. i need to get there in the next nine months!!

Meggara said...

i guess you forgot the biggest and best news in this post! whoops!

Joslin said...

What is the biggest and best news in the post? I love it Grace! Harvard pretend student drinking hot chocolate sounds amazing. Wait what is your job? I really like the your blogs for them--so cute. I liked the cat video hobby. I have watched a few also and I LOVE THEM! They make me laugh very hard. We should share a couple. I will gchat with you. Love you girf!

Grace said...

Yes give me more more cat videos! I will post some of my favorites on here and you do the same. The big news is about a mini-poulsen which I haven't really been telling people about too much because it seems crazy to even bring that up haha

Oh and my job is really that blog + a bunch of other social networks. Just telling people about how much I love office supplies and writing about fun things

beth said...

so i know i'm a little slow, but i just read these posts and i don't know if i read them right or not (b/c i'm still relearning english), but grace is preggers?!? um, so happy to hear that news. you go, girlfriend! and i'm really glad to hear you're doing well with everything else too.