Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grocery Stores and Doors

Girls. My girls. How is everyone??? Guess who gets to see Beth this weekend! Me. So be jealous.

I realized a few things on Tuesday. Grocery shopping in New York sucks. It's not liking going to Smith's, roaming through the aisles for an hour and checking out. It's crowded. It's expensive. And WAY way way way too small. Trader Joe's is pretty cheap but the line takes at least 20 minute and goes back to the beginning of the store. I guess it takes real strategy to get what you need and not make everyone else mad by leaving your cart in the middle of the aisle or using a cart at all. So that is one beef I have with New York. No Smith's. No Macy's. I may even be missing Albertson's! Which is saying a lot because I don't like Albertson's.

BUT! this is the great news. My doorman dream has come true, at least for a day. I babysat for this lady that roommate babysits for and she has a doorman. On Tuesday, I went in and out all day. Walking children, picking them up from school, going grocery shopping, getting icecream, etc. I had this friend that opened the door for me! Not only that (because I dont' care about that), we discussed the weather! We discussed how he felt about his job and life. There is something so comforting and beautiful about having this someone waiting for you to come home. Ready to discuss just about anything. Our friend Brigham has a doorman. I'm so jealous.


Well I guess I should post a picture. This is me, going behind the stove to get a spatula hillary dropped off the hook. I almost got stuck and I almost wanted to yell DANTZEL!! Just like I did when I got my arm stuck behind the desk freshman year. I think I've told the story to at least 5 people since I've been here.

Love all you girls!!!!!


P.S. I think we should have a reunion in January. Beth wants to learn how to ski and Jos will have to drive out because we want her too.

3 comments:

Dantzel said...

I am thinking that a reunion sounds like the best idea anyone has ever had. We can have bbqs in the snow and sing high school musical on the roof and fall asleep to mean girls every night. Yes? And Grace can we just talk about how hard I just laughed during that post? Mostly because I can still hear exactly how you yelled my name. Priceless.

beth said...

okay gfs, so sorry about being such a negligent blogger. i promise i will post something soon, but it may have to wait until classes are over and i can catch up on some sleep. love all the posts though. i miss everyone so much, but it is so nice to hear how everyone is doing. reminds me of when we used to hang out in the kitchen at the yellow house and just talk. really miss that. anyway, so excited about grace coming down to visit. wish you all could come too. a reunion sounds real nice right now. i will let you know if i'm coming out in january; gotta be a grownup and coordinate these things with work though. love you all!!

Matt said...

So I don't know if I'm spoiling the sanctity of the yellow house blog by leaving a comment even though I'm not a yellow house resident, or even a yellow house emeritus, but I have to say that this is hilarious. Grace, I can't tell where you end and the stove begins. I hope you came out from behind there with a neat circle of soot on your nose.