Sunday, May 17, 2009

Argentina

I am going to Argentina!  I expect you all to sing "Don't cry for me Argentina" as I am leaving.  I am really excited!  However, when I found out my call was at the house, I didn't even want to go home.  I didn't want to open it--I was so nervous!  Did I really want to do this?  Maybe I was scared to be a missionary or maybe I was just scared to go to North Dakota.  I was nervous.  But when I read Argentina Salta Mission, I knew I was called from God and I felt peace.

Completely off the subject, here is a picture of the Jesusita fire taken right outside my house.  We did not have to evacuate and the fires are under control now, but it was getting really close.


I love you guys so much and would love to hear how you are doing.  I want to give a shout out to my girfs for being such great examples, beacons of light, and most of all smiles, laughs, fun, and love in a time when needed. 

3 comments:

brynne frei said...

Hooray hooray hooray! You are going to be such a fabulous missionary, Jos! Seriously, when I read that you were going to be in Argentina--perfect. That's all. I'm so happy for you! Love to my beautiful girf, Hermana DeMartini!

Grace said...

Yes!!! Congratulations Miss De. Martini! Sorry I just remembered that your students use to think that your first name was Dee. RIght? Maybe I messed up that story. I'm so so happy for you gf!

Joslin said...

Thanks guys-yeah I'm really excited too.

Yes, students thought my name was Dee, but also even funnier, many others thought that my name was Misty Martini. Funny funny.