Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm never growing up

So here's the thing. Everyone hates me because I'm the worst blogger ever and I can't even blame you. And the worst part is this is what happens to me every time. Kind of like my journal writing stints. Anyway...basically what happened is I've been suuuuuuuper bored today, so here's an update with the pictures on my mom's computer in murray. This is going to be real random, and you'll get better posts about adventures like peru, lake powell, and cancun, but here's a bit of what's been going on lately.

Mostly this first picture has nothing to do with anything, except for how great I think my dad is. You probably don't even care, but this hat has become his most favorite summer fashion piece. True or false? He looks fierce (I may or may not have watched an America's Next Top Model marathon with my sisters today. I'm moderately embarrassed).
One holiday and I can't even really remember which one...maybe 4th of July? We decided to go up to Snowbird and play up there all day on the alpine slide and hiking around and such, here's a pic of some of the fam doing that. Again...notice the hat.
After that I turned 23, and Mike, Allie's husband, turned 24 the next day, so we had a joint celebration and even shared a birthday cake. For presh. It's a good thing I like Mike a lot and he's fun to share a birthday celebration with! I'm thinking 23 is going to be a big year.
Me, my dad, and my Grandfather on my birthday. Love these guys.
Nelson got married, hooray for that! It was a good excuse to have a Murray reunion, since the 5 year reunion never happened (ahem....grace...). Even though really I'm not even mad about it. Anyway, here's Nelson and Lauren coming out of the temple.
Let's talk about how obsessed I am with her dress. Sorry Nelson, that my mom cut you out of this shot, but really her dress was fantastic.
She is also great, in case you were wondering. Here's a pic of Melissa, Kimberly, baby Emma, and me. Love that baby tot and loved seeing those ringwoods/glovers.
I'm realizing now that I don't actually have any pictures of people from Murray, so maybe B, with that new iphone 4 could fill in the blanks for us here.

The Marsh girls.
And last but certainly not least, a little taste of what else is to come in future blog entries. A trip to Lake Powell, when Henry Marsh is the primary planner and facilitator.
P.S. I'm pretty sure you all know by now, but I've decided I'm moving to Palo Alto, California in September...middle/endish probably. It may only last a few months because I don't have a job and I don't have that much money. But I love an adventure, and I'm pretty sure moving to a new state without any employment prospects counts as an adventure.

4 comments:

Grace said...

California!!!!! That is exciting. Thanks for coming through with this long awaited blog post. I feel disappointed that i still didn't see ANY pictures of Peru or any of the places you went. Seriously? So you owe us at least 3 more blog posts. But this is a good start. Congrats on the new adventure! But be back in October when i visit.

brynne frei said...

you did it!! i'm so proud of you, d. and california!! just like grace minus some exclamation points. i can't wait to come visit you and once again with grace - PERUUUUUUU. i want to see it. keep being bored, mmmkay?

brynne frei said...

and chiddy baaaang!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Dantzel! You're gorgeous and I'm so MAD I couldn't go to Nelson's wedding. And you're sisters are old!! California is definitely an adventure if you ask me and I need to see you before you go, or come back when Grace is coming... apparently :)