Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Blog is sad. Make it feel better.

Seriously guys! We can't let entire months go by without posts. I guess I'm in trouble too because I still look at all the time hoping that someone will post something and then I don't either. 

Joslin! You leave on your mission so soon! I can't believe it girl. Every time I see the picture you posted from Argentina I always feel sad because I think it's on fire but then I remember that you were talking about fires in Santa Barbara when you posted it. It finally clicked in my head tonight that the temple itself is not on fire even though it does have an orangey-yellow glow going on in there. You should write us a post and tell us about everything that is happening! I need to be updated. 

Well New York in the summer is pretty exciting. I rained for about a month straight and now it's really hot! With MJ passing away, I've experienced many MJ dance-a-longs at the park and sometimes entire streets being taken over by people dancing to Thriller. My most favorite MJ moment was this little band at the park last week. Dantzel you would have wanted to hug the singers. Cute little gospel guys singing their hearts out and everyone around was dancing and swaying to the music. It was fabulous. 



I want to tell you more exciting things but I can't think of any. Oh wait. Who will be there for a Yellow House sleepover in 2 weeks??? This is something I must must do. I realize that we are sadly losing control of the Yellow House and I have to say goodbye! Even though the entire place looks different I still have to say goodbye. 

Bonus question. Who remembers why this picture happened? 
I found it when transferring everything on to my new computer and all I could remember is that everyone felt sad and put on all black and I got pulled out of bed and I put my comforter around me because it was black and we had to act really sad. Please remind me why this happened!

I love you all wherever you are!!

3 comments:

Joslin said...

I will post! I will even try right now even though my connection is pretty poor.

Yes, I remember why we were in "mourning" that night, as we called it. I have a lot of holes in my memory of this night, but mostly Beth came home from a rough night with Des, they had a talk or they may have even broken up. Then we all empathized with her by sharing our boy troubles: Megan about Trevor, mine about Dave, and the list went on.

I am really excited about all that MJ street music and dancing. It sounds like a wonderful dream!!!!

Dantzel said...

Oh man 10 points to Jos for remembering the cause of our grief. I wish I was in New York to enjoy the MJ tributes. What a great great way to show the love. At EFY we just hold mini dances with the 10 counselors I work with and dance to MJ music since it's not allowed at EFY. Once the youth are gone...the party starts.

beth said...

Joslin is right; this picture was a result of a rough night I had with Des. And I was so glad to have my girls there to mourn with me. Fortunately, that is a thing of the past. In fact, Des just came out to DC and we were the best of friends. Sorry I've been a terrible blogger. Work is keeping me ridiculously busy and I don't have any fun pictures to share. I love and miss you all though!